- Nine LED lighted tennis courts
- Seven hard courts and two hydro Har Tru® clay courts
- Women's/Men's/Junior league teams year round
- Nspire Junior Tennis Academy @ St Marlo Racquet Club
- Lessons available
- Clinics and Camps announced on a regular basis
- Ball Machine Rental $20/hour
Court Reservation And Sign Up
Visit the St Marlo Racquet Club website to make Court Reservations and learn more about the various tennis programs available to residents in good standing. Go to: St Marlo Racquet Club on www.stmarloracquetclub.com and click on Register and your request for a login will be processed for a 24-hour approval review. You will receive your login information by email.
Contact Wendy Fox, Head Tennis Pro, at email@example.com, for more information.
Call the Tennis Office for details and reservations
- Cem Gurkaynak, Tennis Director
7765 St Marlo Country Club Parkway
Hours: Daylight until 11:00 p.m.
Open to St Marlo members in good standing
Rules - ST MARLO TENNIS RULES & POLICIES
2. Only those playing tennis, wearing appropriate tennis attire (including NON-MARKING tennis shoes) are allowed on the courts. Only tennis equipment is permitted on the courts. No glass of any kind, no scooters, baseball/softball/soccer equipment is allowed.
3. Proper etiquette and behavior are expected at all times by players, their guests and spectators
4. Parents are responsible to ensure children are supervised at all times, and DO NOT disturb play. Children under the age of 10 MUST be supervised by an adult. Children who are not booked to play tennis are NOT permitted on the courts at any time
5. In accordance with the Board policy prohibiting smoking in all amenity areas, smoking is prohibited anywhere on the tennis property. This applies to ordinary tobacco products as well as e-cigarette products.
TENNIS DIRECTOR / PRO STAFF
2. The St Marlo Tennis Director/Pro Staff have the authority & duty to carry out and enforce the rules and policies for the St Marlo Tennis Program, as overseen by the St Marlo Tennis Committee
3. Interpretations of the St Marlo Rules & Policies are made at the sole discretion of the Tennis Committee and all decisions reached by the voting majority of the committee will be reflected in writing and are deemed final.
COURT RESERVATIONS / GENERAL USE
2. Court Reservations must be made via the on-line court reservation system by a registered St. Marlo resident. The court reservation must include the names of any playing Guests in the Notes section. Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. Same day reservations can be made with the Director if on-line capability is not available.
3. A resident who reserves a court must be courtside during play.
4. A resident can have a maximum of 3 playing guests at any one time per court reservation during prime time play which is defined as Monday through Thursday 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. A resident can have a maximum of 4 playing guests in non-prime time hours.
5. Guests and/or Guest Teams in League play must comply with the guest entry protocol of St Marlo Security when entering the community.
6. Courts #4 and #5 will be designated as "League Play Priority Courts". A resident reserving these courts is subject to being bumped for league make up play if a hard court is not available. Independent league play may also request the priority courts for scheduling purposes. A 24-hour notice must be given to reserve a "League Play Priority Court" and can be claimed through the Director of Tennis.
7. The Director of Tennis will provide Security with a list of all regularly scheduled ALTA and USTA matches, and guests will be admitted by providing the name of the team or subdivision they are playing for. This rule only applies if the match is to be played at its regularly scheduled time. There is nothing further the captain needs to do in this instance.
8. Makeup league matches, T2 matches, or other league matches may not be scheduled on a court unless there is a minimum of 2 hours of availability for the court.
9. GENERAL PLAY reservations are as follows: - Singles: 2 hours - Doubles: 2.5 hours - A minimum of 1 court must remain available when league match play has assigned courts.
10. Juniors under the age of 16 may not personally reserve a court.
11. CANCELLATION of a reserved court time needs to be done as soon as possible. Should a reserved court remain unoccupied for more than 15 minutes, the reservation is considered forfeited.
12. Special events such as team league play, community tennis socials, and charity tennis events, previously approved by the Director/Staff, will take precedence over the general use of courts.
13. Only St Marlo Teams are allowed to use the St Marlo courts for a team practice.
LEAGUE PLAY / TEAM COURT RESERVATIONS/ CAPTAIN’S INFORMATION
2. Reservations for ALTA, USTA, and other team league play/practice must be made in advance with the St Marlo Tennis Director. These designated court reservations noting court assignments, team captain & date will be posted on the St Marlo reservation system at the beginning of each league season for all home matches. It is the captain's responsibility to advise the Tennis Director of ANY changes to those reserved slots.
3. Teams may only have 2 assigned courts for a team practice. A maximum of 6 courts (3 teams) may be scheduled in the same time slot. Courts for clinics/lessons scheduled by the Tennis Director/Pro Staff will take precedence.
4. Every effort will be made to accommodate a team's request for team clinics and team practice. If necessary, the lottery method will be used by the Director to determine those times.
5. During the competitive tennis season, the Director/Staff will review all home match schedules. Teams will be assigned at least 2 courts per home match. If there are only 2 teams scheduled to be at home, the Director can assign a third court to each team. If there is only 1 team scheduled to be at home, the Director/Staff can assign more than three courts if requested. Once match play has begun on those courts, no reservations can be made until the match is completed. This overrides the court reservation rule limitations.
NEW TEAMS / EXISTING TEAMS / NON – RESIDENTS
2. NEW TEAM FORMATION Approval must be received from the Tennis Committee before any new team may be formed or any existing teams may be combined to form new rosters. Proposed final rosters must be submitted to the Tennis Director for consideration a minimum of 2 weeks prior to any league roster deadlines. No new teams will be approved unless there are 50% or more residents on the final roster including any subsequent additions. The Tennis Committee has the discretion to make an exception to the 50% resident requirement for the formation of new St. Marlo A level or 4.0 level teams. This exception will be reevaluated each season and could be withdrawn depending on the number of St. Marlo teams who have met the 50% rule. All new additions to a roster must be submitted to the Tennis Director for consideration prior to being added to league rosters. Impact on existing teams will be a factor to be considered for approval.
3. The Tennis Director will make every effort to place any resident, either old or new residents, on a St Marlo team consistent with their level of play. The resident should request to be rated by the Tennis Director and will be given the names of Captains to contact regarding potentially joining the teams for which they qualify. Their names will also be provided to all Team Captains for teams they are qualified to join. If a team is full or the lowest team in St. Marlo does not coincide with the resident's level of play, that resident may join the Team as an alternate. This would give the resident the opportunity to join that team's clinics. A St. Marlo team does not have to put a new resident on a team roster whose ALTA or USTA ranking would push that league team to a higher level. The Tennis Director will maintain a "waiting list" of residents wanting to join a team. New teams will be formed when there is a sufficient number of residents on the waiting list.
4. Residents in good standing have precedence over non-residents as it relates to the addition of team players. In the addition of a new resident to a team, it is not required to remove any existing non-resident team members.
5. Existing teams must maintain at least 50% residents on their rosters to play out of St. Marlo.
6. Non-residents on a St Marlo roster do not have any additional tennis privileges within the St Marlo community. These non-resident members are considered guests when attending team practice/clinic/match play or social play with a resident in good standing. Should there be any question as to whether a non-resident can be added or remain on a team, the Tennis Committee will be the final authority. It is the responsibility of a Captain to advise the Tennis Director of any resident or non-resident additions to their roster regardless of when this addition occurs.
7. Each non-resident on a St Marlo roster is required to pay the outside fee per season as follows:
- $30 per adult for the first team
- $30 per adult for the second team
- No additional fee for playing on more than 2 teams in a season (This results in a $60 cap for a non-resident per season.)
- $10 per junior per team
- Non-residents have the option of paying a non-refundable yearly fee of $240 starting with the winter season
League play beginning the following months would equate to the corresponding season for the purpose of non-resident fees Winter – December, January, February
Spring – March, April, May
Summer – June, July, August
Fall – September, October, November
Should a non-resident be on multiple team rosters (ALTA/USTA) during the same season, the outside fees shall be collected for each team. Non-receipt of the above fees will result in the exclusion of the non-resident from the St Marlo facility by authorization of the Tennis Committee.
2. Team Captains are responsible for monitoring the clean-up during match days. Fines can be assessed to any team leaving their area without being cleaned.
3. All personal items left behind need to be given to a staff member for placement in the lost & found. These items will remain there for 4 weeks until their disposal.
4. It is the responsibility of the Director/Pros to ensure all courts are reasonably cleared of debris, trash cans/tidy bins emptied & have squeegees available, prior to the start of scheduled matches, and as appropriate, all other times.
2. A violation of any tennis rule will result in a written warning, and after one warning, the resident may be subject to a fine of $50.